Redshirt junior offensive lineman Graham Glasgow was sentenced to 12 months of probation and a total of $885 in fines Monday in Ann Arbor District Court after a guilty plea to operating while visually impaired.

On June 16, Glasgow pled guilty to the lesser misdemeanor after the initial charge, operating while intoxicated, was amended. Monday, Judge Joseph Burke issued the sentence, which also mandates that Glasgow complete six days of community service by Dec. 31.

Glasgow’s attorney, John Shea, did not have any objections to the presentencing report but did approach the judge first to address a matter.

The judge then asked for any comments from Shea or Glasgow, at which point both expressed remorse for Glasgow’s actions.

“Mr. Glasgow is a first offender,” Shea said. “He recognizes that he made a serious error in judgment on the occasion here in question. He has readily accepted responsibility for it. He’s prepared to perform what penance the court imposes in terms of a sentence. He’s performed other repentances or is in the process of performing them in terms of the team. He’s taken this very seriously. He wishes it hadn’t happened, but it has and he’s going to move forward positively.”

Glasgow must undergo counseling and alcohol education as approved by the court’s probation department and must attend a Mothers Against Drunk Driving victim impact panel by Oct. 14. The judge prohibited him from using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs under his probation, and he must submit to random drug and alcohol testing. His fines include $425 in court fines and costs, $360 in probation oversight and a $100 police recovery fee.

“I’ve made a mistake, and I’ve let a lot of people down — my family, my team and the community,” Glasgow told the judge. “I’m sorry. This is an opportunity to learn from this mistake and make sure it never happens again.”

Shea and Glasgow both declined to comment after exiting the courtroom.

Glasgow, 21, was pulled over around 9 p.m. March 15 in Ann Arbor when a police officer noticed that another passenger was leaning out the window shouting at pedestrians. His blood-alcohol concentration was .11 at the scene and .13 later at the police station.

Glasgow has been suspended by coach Brady Hoke for the season opener Aug. 30 against Appalachian State. Fall camp workouts begin Aug. 4.