2012-06-05

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

June 4, 2012 - 3:01pm

Boylan hired as assistant at Northern Kentucky

BY COLLEEN THOMAS

Austen Hufford/Daily

Unemployment isn’t a problem for recent graduate and former Michigan women’s basketball player Courtney Boylan.

Boylan will join the Northern Kentucky women’s basketball team as one of three assistant coaches on former Michigan assistant coach — and newly hired Northern Kentucky head coach — Dawn Plitzuweit’s staff.

“Courtney just completed her playing career at the University of Michigan and was the starting point guard in her senior season. She is a consummate leader and absolutely refuses to be outworked,” Plitzuweit said in a press release on Monday. “She led Michigan from the bottom of the Big Ten to two WNIT appearances and finished her career by leading the Wolverines to the NCAA Tournament. Courtney will be able to share her experiences as a player at the highest level and we are thrilled that she will be here at NKU.”

In her senior campaign, Boylan led the Wolverines to its first NCAA Tournament berth since 2001, averaging 32 minutes and 13 points per game. In addition, she earned Big Ten honorable mention list and most valuable player of the 2011 Paradise Jam accolades.

Boylan joins Lynn Plett and Karmen Graham as assistants on the Norse women’s basketball staff under Plitzuweit.

“This is a very exciting time for our program as we make the transition to Division I, and I know that Lynn, Karmen and Courtney are going to be keys to our success,” Plitzuweit said. “They are all outstanding people and will make positive impacts on this program as we move forward into the Atlantic Sun Conference this coming season.”

Plitzuweit was hired as Northern Kentucky’s head coach on May 10 after she left Michigan when former head coach Kevin Borseth resigned.

|